How to Change a Mercedes-Benz Key Battery
How do you change a Mercedes-Benz key battery? Every Mercedes-Benz smart key battery requires replacement every so often, like any other non-rechargeable battery. Read or watch the video below and learn how to change your key battery!
- To check if your battery needs replacement, press the lock or unlock button and if the check lamp does not light up briefly, the battery may need to be replaced
- In some models, a message may be displayed in the instrument cluster instructing you to change they key battery
- To remove the battery cover, slide the release tab on the bottom of the key to remove the mechanical key
- Insert the thin end of the mechanical key into the non-indented opening of the smart key
- Press inward to release the battery cover then remove the battery cover and set aside
- Tap the key against the palm of your hand to remove the battery
- A CR2025 three volt battery is required
- Insert the new battery with the engraved side up and reinstall the battery cover
- Dispose of the old battery according to local guidelines
Visit Mercedes-Benz of Henderson
At Mercedes-Benz of Henderson, we are here to help! For additional assistance, call (702) 485-3098 or come visit us in store.