How to Check Tire Pressure on Your Mercedes-Benz
Maintaining correct tire pressure levels, as well as finding the right tires for your vehicle, is essential to vehicle safety and performance. Tire pressure can get low due to cold weather or a puncture, so it’s important to monitor your tire pressure using the Mercedes-Benz Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Read on to learn how to check tire pressure on your Mercedes-Benz!
When to Check Tire Pressure on Your Mercedes-Benz
You should check your tire pressure every month or so, especially when the weather is cold. This will help maintain an optimal tire pressure level. You can view tire pressure levels on the Mercedes-Benz Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
How to Use the Mercedes-Benz Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Push either the left or right arrow buttons located on the steering wheel until you reach the “Service” menu.
- Then, press the up and down arrow buttons until you get to the “Tire Pressure” option, and press “OK.” You will see the tire pressure levels of each tire here.
- After that, check the tire pressure light. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System warning light will turn on if the tires are under-inflated or over-inflated. If this light is on, check your tires with a hand-held pressure gauge, and adjust your tires to the recommended levels, which are printed on a label inside of the fuel-door.
- When you’re finished adjusting your tires, look at the display on the “Tire Pressure” menu to see if your tires are at the right levels. If you receive the message, “Tire pressures will display after a few minutes,” drive for a few minutes, and then check again.
- When your tires are at the right pressure levels, press the down arrow on your steering wheel, and then press “OK” to restart the TPMS.
Get More DIY Maintenance Tips from Mercedes-Benz of Henderson
To learn more about how to care for your Mercedes-Benz and how to read tire size, contact us online or visit us at Mercedes-Benz of Henderson, located near Kingman and Laughlin. Our tire center can help you care for your Mercedes-Benz tires by providing services such as checking tire tread depth, tire inspection, tire rotation, and tire repair! We can also give you other DIY maintenance tips for your Mercedes-Benz, including step-by-step instructions on how to change your Mercedes-Benz key battery!