Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Metris Vans work as hard as you do, which is why they require the occasional break for Mercedes-Benz van maintenance. We know time is money, but staying on top of routine Mercedes-Benz Metris service intervals and Sprinter service intervals will help extend the lifespan of your vans while also bolstering performance.
Standard Mercedes-Benz Service A & Service B Intervals
In order to keep your Sprinter or Metris Van on the road as much as possible, Mercedes-Benz grouped multiple important service tasks into two Mercedes-Benz Van service intervals — Mercedes-Benz Service A* and Mercedes-Benz Service B*. Service A** is performed after the first 10,000 miles or after 1 year of ownership. After this first service, Service A** intervals for any 2009 model-year and newer Sprinter Vans move to every 20,000 miles or after 2 years. When you bring your commercial van in for Service A*, the following tasks will be performed:
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid Replacement
- Mercedes-Benz Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement***
- Fluid level inspections and corrections per factory-suggested service intervals for your Sprinter Van’s model and year
- Oil Filter Replacement***
- Brake Component Inspection
- Tire Inflation Inspection and Correction
- Maintenance Minder Reset
Service A is followed by Service B** and is recommended after the first 20,000 miles or after 2 years. When it comes to the Metris Van, service is suggested every 15,000 miles. Service A and Service B share many of the same tasks, but Service B includes additional tasks, such as a brake fluid exchange and cabin dust/combination replacement.
What are Other Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van Service Intervals?
While the majority of Mercedes-Benz Van maintenance is taken care of with Service A or Service B, there are other Mercedes-Benz Sprinter service intervals to keep in mind throughout the years:
- Renew brake fluid in hydraulic brake system (every 2 years)
- Replace air filter element (at least every third engine oil service/ every 4 years)
- Replace the poly-V-belt (every fourth engine oil service)
- Measure saturation level of the diesel particle filter (diesel vehicles only at 100k miles)
- Rear axle oil service (every ninth engine oil service/every 10 years)
- Renew coolant (every tenth engine oil service/every 15 years)
What are Other Mercedes-Benz Metris Van Service Intervals?
Similar to the Sprinter, there are Mercedes-Benz Metris service intervals that need to be held to beyond Service A and Service B, including:
- Replace brake fluid in hydraulic brake system (every 2 years)
- New spark plugs (every 3 years)
- Replace engine air-filter element (every 4 years)
- Rear axle oil service (every fourth Service B/every 10 years)
- Replace the fuel filter (every 10 years)
- Replace coolant (every fourth Service B/every 15 years)
As-Needed Mercedes-Benz Van Services & Repairs
While sticking to the above service intervals will help maintain your Sprinter or Metris Van, it’s only natural for additional repairs to be needed after years of hard work. Some fairly routine repairs or replacements you may need for your commercial van include:
When you need Mercedes-Benz Van maintenance or repairs, you can enjoy a fast turnaround that works with your schedule with VanCare Express. And all of your Mercedes-Benz van services will be done using genuine Mercedes-Benz parts by our experts.
Trust Your Mercedes-Benz Van Service to Mercedes-Benz of Henderson!
When it’s time for Metris or Sprinter service, turn to the knowledgeable team at Mercedes-Benz of Henderson! We can quickly take care of your Mercedes-Benz Metris service intervals or Mercedes-Benz Sprinter service intervals and get you back to work in Bullhead City, Laughlin, and beyond.
*Price advertised for Service A/Service B includes all factory-required components. Please refer to your maintenance booklet for the complete list of factory-required services and details on the specific intervals for your vehicle’s year and model.
**Services and pricing for Service A/Service B may vary due to your driving habits, mileage, and local environmental conditions. Please refer to your maintenance booklet for additional details and general guidelines for your vehicle’s year and model..
***Oil and filter change is the base advertised service component. Additional services as determined by your vehicle’s ASSYST Plus system, which calculates service needs based on your driving habits, time, mileage and environmental conditions, may increase service cost..